Downloads - Software Update
SoundBridge 3.0 Software is Now Available
SoundBridge 3.0 software offers major improvements in features and ease-of-use!
Roku is proud to release the next version of the SoundBridge software, version 3.0, for use on your SoundBridge and SoundBridge Radio products. Instructions for downloading this software are available here. This updated 3.0 software adds many new features.
Version 3.0 is a major update in how SoundBridge products browse and play Internet radio stations, and is designed to work with Roku's new Internet radio directory service, Radio Roku. (http://www.radioroku.com)
Radio Roku is an online directory of Internet radio stations, featuring thousands and thousands of stations from all over the world, in many different styles. The web site features a user-customizable "widget dashboard" that offers features like browsing, searching, live updates of content available on Internet stations, and the ability to control the SoundBridge players on your home network.
- Complete integration with Radio Roku. Browse thousands of internet radio stations directly from your SoundBridge as well as control and configure your SoundBridge from radioroku.com.
- Improved "Favorites" functionality, with distinctive icons for favorite stations.
- New "Refine this List" functionality when browsing Internet stations allows browsing by multiple criteria. For example, browse by genre. Then, in the resulting list of stations, go up one line to reveal the "Refine this List" option, where you can additionally add a "Language" term, and so forth.
- When saving an Internet station chosen from browse menus as a Preset, the station's information is now saved in such a way that the SoundBridge will always get the most-current streaming URLs for the station when it is played.
- When playing an Internet radio Preset, the Song Queue is automatically populated with your other Internet radio Presets, so the Next/Prev or up/down buttons will allow you to cycle through your Internet Presets.
- Changes to the initial setup process to include a complete ISO-compliant list of countries. This information is sent to Radio Roku to allow station lists to be geographically tailored.
- On new or reset units, initial Internet radio Presets are fetched from Radio Roku so they are always current.
- Improvements to the shuffle feature.
- A Settings menu option to adjust how the elapsed time indicator is displayed. Options include:
- "hide automatically", which is the same as the 3.0.27 behavior
- "always show", which leaves the indicator on at all times, even on Internet Radio and when the font is set to the largest size
- "never show", which turns the indicator off at all times.
These options can be found in the "Settings" menu that is available when you are connected to a server (this is the same menu where you find other display options, like the visualizer choices). Please note that this feature does not apply to SoundBridge HomeMusic models, which use a different display layout.
- Improved the display of Internet radio metadata from some stations.
- Altered the SoundBridge HomeMusic display dimming behavior. The display now remains at the user's selected brightness while music is playing. When idle, the display will dim to a slightly higher dimming setting. For HomeMusic users who were seeing the display turn off completely, the display should now remain on, but dim.
- Numerous RCP enhancements requested by some of our RCP developers, including the ability to get the name, type and search/browse capabilities of the current server, the ability to get and set the power state of the unit, the ability to sort list results in various ways, and full support of the new browsing options for the expanded Internet radio feature (like ability to browse stations by country or language, fetch favorites, etc).
- Preliminary support for aacPlus Internet radio stations. This feature works on most SoundBridge units, but some older units do not reliably play aacPlus stations. We hope to improve this support in the future. On units that are unable to play aacPlus reliably, aacPlus streams will not be offered when browsing Radio Roku.
- Improved support for AIFF files streamed by some versions of TwonkyVision.
- Improved compatibility with certain WMA radio stations.
- Added numerous RCP commands requested by third-party developers.
- Fixed a problem that prevented the Now Playing screen's menu from opening if the Song Queue was empty.
Bugs fixed in 3.0
- Fixed a problem that could cause a failure to play one Internet radio station to lead to playback of the next station in the list. Now the unit will properly re-try the selected station.
- Fixed a problem with the volume control on SoundBridge Radio that caused the speakers to still play at very low volume when "0" volume was selected.
- Fixed an RCP bug that could cause RCP to get into a bad state where a reboot was the only way out.
- Fixed a problem that prevented the check mark on "Pass Multichannel" from being properly initialized.
- Fixed a problem that could cause UPnP discovery of the SoundBridge to fail.
- Fixed a problem that could prevent some WMA stations from playing.
- Improved support for browsing the built-in SoundBridge web pages from IE7 on Vista.
- Fixed a drawing problem on the Software Upgrade confirmation screen.
- Fixed a confusing message when returning from Standby on certain Internet radio stations.
- Ensure that the "Stop" menu item is available when attempting to play an Internet radio station that has not yet started playback.
- Various other "under the hood" fixes and improvements.
Updating Your SoundBridge or SoundBridge Radio's Software
The SoundBridge can be updated via remote control or via Flash SD card:
- Update the SoundBridge via Remote Control
- Update the SoundBridge via Flash Card (Pinnacle SoundBridge HomeMusic and SoundBridge Radio models only)